Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Catch This

The black glove is tight on my hand it makes my fingers stiff
Sadness rips through my body the weight of the world on my shoulders
the ball is heavy and hard, both smooth and rough
Why is reality so harsh? Why won't the pain subside?
It makes contact with my glove, causes a tingling sensation in my palm,
Wait whats this, a smile? A genuine smile? Oh how I've longed for this for the feeling of my lips spreading effortlessly up my face.
The world is turning from black to grey.
I catch another ball, "GOOD JOB" rings in my ears.
From out of the grey comes the molten yellow sun just beginning to set,
the emerald trees whispering in the lightest breeze.
the breeze caresses my skin and I can feel again.
My dad's voice voice drifts over to me "After three in a row we will go inside"
the ball arcs in the air and comes hurtling down... ONE!
Happiness swells inside me
this time it comes crashing in from the side TWO!
elation starts in my toes spreads like a jubilant fire throughout my legs, chest and arms
THREE! The ball hits the glove and in that moment I know true bliss.
I walk towards my father his smile makes me smile wider.
The tight black glove comes off and with it the pain and sorrow. I'm back.
Playing catch with my dad... smiling and laughing. Moments before i was black and
invisible.
Moments before I was nothing felt nothing now I've caught...
                                                                                           pure joy

No comments:

Post a Comment